Thursday, May 17, 2012

Metatext


Metatext
Over this past semester I have written about the various perspectives of literacy. I first wrote about my own experience in literacy as I figured out who I was as a writer and a person through my musical career.  Then I took an item I wear almost every week and broke it down into all of its components and explained the meaning behind it and showed why it is important to the culture. I never would have thought that the United States Men’s National Team kit had so much symbolism behind its inception. As I gained competency in media literacy, I choose to write about the identity of the “hero” as developed by the media after the 9/11 tragedies occurred. From that essay, I went on to research the politics and philosophies that lay behind popular films and video games. Overall, I think that my two papers about the concept of “heroes” were the most interesting and had the most to talk about. I am sure there is plenty more that I could go into with various philosophies and politics, but I think that what I have written about is able to get the message across. After this class, I plan to keep posting on my blog, providing my own personal account on various social, political, and pop-culture motifs so my voice in the open for people to hear. I think the most important thing that I have learned from this class is that I have something to say and although I am used to being in the dark, I want my ideas to be heard.

“I may not believe in what you say, but I will die for your right to do so”
            ~Voltaire

1 comment:

  1. Check out this article about Polymath people...what do you think?
    http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/05/in_defense_of_polymaths.html?referral=00563&cm_mmc=email-_-newsletter-_-daily_alert-_-alert_date&utm_source=newsletter_daily_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert_date

    ReplyDelete