Friday, July 27, 2012

How To Get Away With Murder In America

This past week I read the book, How to Get Away With Murder in America by Evan Wright. It tells the story about how a Cuban-American who was a criminal that assisted in the cocaine trafficking trade and then was hired by the CIA and became a high-level officer. His name is Enrique Prado. Reading about how the CIA hired a criminal was the reason I purchased this book to read because I didn't think that it was feasible. Wright explains how the USA is willing to do whatever it takes to gain an edge, which both makes me feel safe as well as scares me. It fascinated me that the CIA was willing to keep information from the police which may have convicted Prado in multiple murders in order to protect its "asset". I think it is a very well written book with deep insights into how drug dealers, murderers, and other types of criminals get away with various crimes. From corruption to murder, this book explains how people have been able to stay out of prison for heinous crimes. It is a quick read and very entertaining so I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in American politics, drug trade, or murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment